Papercut is a utility that is pre-installed on all EWU managed Windows computers and Macs. It facilitates the installation of printer drivers for network printers across EWU's campus. When your department purchases or leases new or replacement printers, they will need to have the new printer information added to Papercut before it is able to be used. Below you will two options for adding these printers.
- Contact EWU IT to ask for assistance with adding a new network printer to Papercut. You can start the dialogue by opening a ticket at support.ewu.edu, contacting the Help Desk via phone at 509.359.2247 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be certain to include the following information, as it will greatly speed up the process:
- Location (building name and room number)
- Name of the department that will be utilizing the printer
- Color Printer or Black and White?
- If you are familiar with printing a Network Configuration Page, or if Fishers prints one for you after installing the printer, you will have all of the information needed to submit a Add Network Printer service request.
Enter all relevant information in the service request and click on Place Request at the bottom of the page to start the process. Upon completion, you will receive an e-mail advising that the printer is now available in Papercut, along with the printer name.
If you are having issues contact the IT help desk by phone at (509) 359-2247 from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, or by email at email@example.com.