Duo's "Remember Me" feature makes signing in fast and convenient while still keeping your information safe.
How Does "Remember Me" work?
It's a setting that gets saved in your browser's cookies. This means that if you check the "Remember Me for 7 days" box, and use the same computer and browser, you won't have to verify your identity with Duo for 7 days.
How do I use "Remember Me"?
When you see the Duo Security authentication screen:
- Check the box next to Remember me for 7 days (under the authentication methods as shown below)
- Choose an authentication method. If you're using the recommended Duo Mobile app, you'll select Send me a Push.
- Verify your identity with your Duo-enrolled device or a passcode.
Note: If you use a different computer or browser, or clear your cache and cookies, you will need to verify your identity with Duo. Never use the feature on public or shared devices.
The Duo Authentication Prompt will gray out the rest of the prompt during an automatic Push. Follow these steps to select the "Remember me for..." checkbox:
- Click Cancel on the blue ribbon's automatic push message at the bottom of the prompt.
- Select the Remember me for 7 days checkbox.
- Initiate another push by clicking the Send Me a Push button and authenticate. You will now be remembered on that browser on that computer for the specified period of time.
For the "Remember Me" feature to work, the browser's security settings must allow third-party cookies coming from Duo Security.
- Go to Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Disable the Block all cookies option.
- Safari 13.1 and later: You must also disable the Prevent cross-site tracking option.
- Click More in the upper right of the toolbar
- Click Settings
- Scroll down and click on View Advanced Settings
- Scroll down to Cookies and ensure it is set to Don’t block cookies
- Restart Microsoft Edge
To add an exception for Duo-served cookies, update your browser settings (generally found under Privacy or Security settings) and use the following format, depending on which browser you're using:
- Internet Explorer: *.duosecurity.com
- Firefox: https://duosecurity.com
- Chrome and Opera: [*.]duosecurity.com