- Web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- Microsoft Office for Windows (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher. Specific locations may include Project and Visio), or Office for Mac.
- Adobe CC Apps (Acrobat Pro/DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Additional programs can be installed upon request: Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Audition, and more). Installed programs may vary by location.
- Helper applications: LockDown Browser, VLC Player, and more, which may vary by location.
Specialized / Class Software
One or more of the following Faculty-requested / Class Software programs can be found on Windows physical and/or Virtual Lab computers from the Task Bar or Start menu. Installed programs will vary by location.
- ArcGIS Pro: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/about-arcgis/overview
- Compass (Microsoft & QuickBooks Testing Software). Installation based on request.
- Final Draft (Film / Mac specific): https://www.finaldraft.com
- Finale (Music / Mac specific): https://www.finalemusic.com
- Google Earth Pro: https://www.google.com/earth
- Google Sketchup Pro: https://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-pro
- Respondus LockDown Browser: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=653612553
- Mathematica: http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica
- Matlab: https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab.html
- Minitab: http://www.minitab.com/en-us/products/minitab
- NotePad ++: https://notepad-plus-plus.org
- R: https://www.r-project.org
- SAS Analytical Suite, SAS/GIS, SAS/Sprectraview: https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/education-analytical-suite.html
- SPSS: https://www.ibm.com/products/spss-statistics
- Stata IC: https://www.stata.com
- VLC Media Player: https://www.videolan.org/vlc
Stella 4d, Geometer Sketchpad, Fathom, TinkerPlots, and other Math discipline-specific software
The following programs may be pre-installed on specific student use lab computers. They can also be requested by contacting the HelpDesk. Some Accessibility software licenses may also support installing on students' personal computers, and faculty/staff computers, depending on product. Please visit Disability Support Services for more information.
- JAWS (Screen reading). Product info: http://www.freedomscientific.com/Products/Blindness/JAWS
- ZoomText (Screen magnification and reading). Product info: https://www.zoomtext.com/products/zoomtext-magnifierreader
- Read & Write Gold (Makes documents, web pages, and files more accessible). Product info: https://www.texthelp.com/en-us/products/read-write
- Nuance / Dragon Naturally Speaking (Voice dictation / transcription). Product info: http://www.nuance.com/dragon
- Microsoft Windows 10 and 11 built-in accessibility features.
- Apple built-in accessibility features.
Acrobat Reader / Pro / DC, installed on most EWU computers. Includes accessibility features. Product Info: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-verify-pdf-accessibility.html