Print PDF, Microsoft Office, Images, and other files from your personal laptop to a number of printer locations via the Responsible Print service web site... no print driver required. Access the site at: http://print.ewu.edu. Follow the steps provided on the screen to submit your print job. Refer to the attached file for more details. Note: The web-based printing option supports Black/White printers and 1-Sided printing only.
For access to COLOR printers and full Black/White printers' functionality (2-Sided printing, etc) add printers directly to your Windows and/or Macintosh laptop, which includes the MMC/PUB lab color laser printers.
- Windows Printer Package installers can be downloaded here: http://access.ewu.edu/myprint
You can also access a number of printers and specialized software from Virtual Labs. For more details goto http://virtuallabs.ewu.edu
For Macs, follow the steps below (also refer to the attached handout for more details and screenshots):
- Add new printer
- Choose LPD and enter IT-STUPRINT02 for server name
- For the JFK Library, enter bw_jfklibrary_ps for Queue and Name.
- For the PUB lab enter bw_pub_pcl6 for Queue and Name.
- For Printer, choose the appropriate name and driver from the list below. Choose Duplex option if available.
- Adding a printer in this way does work from both wired and wireless (WiEWUs) connections.
Mac Print Queues, Names, and related drivers, include:
- bw_jfklibrary_ps (driver = Konica Minolta 454e PS, Download from Konica Minolta).
- bw_pub_pcl6 (driver = HP LaserJet 9050dn).
- bw_rpt_pcl6 (driver = HP LaserJet 4350 PCL6). Works for rooms 207, 209, and 101g
- color_mmc_pub_ps (driver = Konica Minolta C284e, Download from Konica Minolta).
- color_rpt207_pcl6 (driver = HP Color LaserJet 4005).
- other locations are available... use the same name as the Windows pop-up package names.
If you have any questions or need more help, contact the HelpDesk at (509) 359-2247.