Installation of Office 365
Installation on PC/MAC
- Login to your Email Account at exchange.ewu.edu
- Once logged in, click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Office 365 Settings (Bottom right of the screen once gear icon is selected).
- Select Software from the Office 365 Settings menu.
- Select the appropriate language and review the system requirements. Note: If your PC system does not meet the specified requirements, or for some other reason you do not wish to install Office 2016, use the links at the bottom of the page to install Office Professional Plus 2013. for more information click the "Review system requirements" and "Why would I install Office 2013?" links.
- Click the Install button to begin installation. The site will automatically detect your system (PC or Mac). The default is set to 32-bit as the recommended version.
- Save and Run the installation file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Installation on Mobile Devices
- Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play for Android)
- Search for Microsoft Office Mobile Note: On iPad, you may need to change search setting to "iPhone apps only". The iPhone app can be used on iPads, but may not be compatible on 1st and 2nd generation iPads.
- Install the app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your EWU email address. Select Organization account and type your EWU SSO password (see above for login/password tips).
Note: Office 365 Pro Plus is available to faculty and staff currently working at Eastern Washington University. This allows you to install Office Products(such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel) at no additional cost on up to 5 of your devices. This license will be valid while you are an employee. If you leave the University, your license will expire 30 days after your last day of employment. You will no longer be able to use the Microsoft software at this time. As always, if you have any questions, please contact the EWU Help Desk at 359-2247 or email HelpDesk@ewu.edu.