**NetStorage is due to be deprecated in the Summer of 2023. Please start your migration to Google Drive or OneDrive immediately to prevent loss of access to data**
- If you are off-campus, you must connect to our VPN first.
- Please make sure you have the word Finder next to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen. If you don't, please click on an empty spot on your Desktop then verify the word Finder is now showing next to the Apple menu at the top.
- Select the Go menu on the menu bar at the top of the screen, then select "Connect to Server..." at the bottom of the menu list.
- In the Server Address box please type "smb://netstorage.eastern.ewu.edu/", add your username following the slash, then click on the + button which will add it to the Favorite Servers list. Then click on the Connect button.
- When you are prompted, enter your EWU username and password. The username may be filled in for you. If you want your Mac to remember the password (until the next time it is changed) place a checkmark in the box next to "Remember this password in my keychain".
- Look on your Desktop for an icon that looks like a hard-drive with three people on it with your username as the Title. If you do not see the icon, go to the Finder menu at the top of the screen and select "Preferences". Under the General section of the window that appears put a checkmark in the box next to "Connected Servers" then close the Preferences window. You should now see the icon on your Desktop.
- You can add an optional quick link to your personal folder to your Dock. After you are connected simply drag the "Username" icon on your Desktop to the Dock. You can add it to the right side of the Dock anywhere between the dashed divider bar and the Trash icon.
- Once it is added to your Dock right-click (or hold the Control key down and click) and under "Display As" select "Folder"
With this icon in your Dock, if you are connected to your personal folder it will open a window for you to view the files. If you are not connected, it will connect you to your personal folder then open the window for you to view the files.
If you need any further assistance please view our Service Catalog for other Knowledge Base articles or contact the IT Help Desk via Phone: 509.359.2247 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org