Follow the steps below to install the VMWare Horizon View client program:
- Download the installer for your computer.
- Windows download : https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?productId=578&rPId=23600&downloadGroup=CART19FQ4_WIN_410
- Mac Download : https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?productId=578&rPId=23601&downloadGroup=CART19FQ4_MAC_410
- Click on the View Client link to download the appropriate version for your computer.
- Follow the prompts to install the client onto your computer.
- Enter virtuallabs.ewu.edu as your default connection.
- Note: If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
- After installation, double-click the VMware Horizon View Client icon on your desktop, Start Menu, or Dock.
- Confirm virtuallabs.ewu.edu is entered for the server name and click Connect.
- Click OK. Enter your NET ID user name and password.
- Your NET ID is the same account used to login to Eastern’s computer labs and classrooms, wireless, Netstorage, SSO (Single Sign On) applications such as Canvas, EagleNet, etc.
- Click Login. Choose the appropriate pool of computers based on the description provided.
- Click Connect.
- Save your files to NetStorage which is listed as Drive N: and accessed from the Green/Black desktop NS icon. All files stored on Virtual Labs C: drive or Desktop will be deleted at logout.
- To make sure your files are saved properly, always save to NetStorage AND completely QUIT any open applications. Otherwise you increase the chance of file corruption.
- When you are finished with Virtual Labs, double-click *Logout* located on the desktop.