Setup steps Virtual Labs
- Download the installer for your computer.
- Click on the VMWare Horizon Client link to download the appropriate version for your computer.
- Follow the prompts to install. IMPORTANT: For USB/thumb drive support, ensure USB Redirection is checked/enabled. Refer to screenshots below for visual assistance.
- Enter virtuallabs.ewu.edu for the default and/or new server name.
- Note: If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
- After installation, double-click the VMware Horizon View Client icon on your desktop, Start Menu, or Dock.
- Confirm virtuallabs.ewu.edu is entered for the server name and click Connect.
- Click OK. Enter your NET ID user name and password.
- Your NET ID is the same account used to login to Eastern’s computer labs and classrooms, wireless, Netstorage, SSO (Single Sign On) applications such as Canvas, EagleNet, etc.
- Login, Choose and Connect the appropriate pool of computers.
- For CHROME DEVICES, simply access http://virtuallabs.ewu.edu, install the VMWare Horizon Client Chrome Extension, add a new server = VIRTUALLABS.EWU.EDU, and you should be good to go.
- All files stored on Virtual Labs C: drive or Desktop will be deleted at logout.
- To make sure your files are saved properly, always save to cloud storage (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc) or NetStorage AND completely QUIT any open applications. Otherwise you increase the chance of file damage or corruption.
- When you are finished with Virtual Labs, double-click the Logout icon located on the desktop, which will free up the computer for other students. Your help is appreciated to keep this shared and limited resource available for as many students as possible.
Windows screenshots for enabling USB during install:
Mac screenshots for enabling USB during install, and after connecting to a virtual computer:
If you are still having problems connecting to a USB/thumb drive from a Mac:
- After connecting to a virtual computer, enable the following options from the Connection pulldown menu, USB sub-menu: Automatically connect at startup and Automatically connect when inserted.