Follow the steps below to install the VMWare Horizon View client program:
- Download the installer for your computer.
- Windows download
- Mac Download
- General Downloads Page
- Click on the View Client link to download the appropriate version for your computer.
- Follow the prompts to install the client onto your computer.
- Enter virtuallabs.ewu.edu for a new server name, and your default connection.
- Note: If you are prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
- After installation, double-click the VMware Horizon View Client icon on your desktop, Start Menu, or Dock.
- Confirm virtuallabs.ewu.edu is entered for the server name and click Connect.
- Click OK. Enter your NET ID user name and password.
- Your NET ID is the same account used to login to Eastern’s computer labs and classrooms, wireless, Netstorage, SSO (Single Sign On) applications such as Canvas, EagleNet, etc.
- Click Login. Choose the appropriate pool of computers based on the description provided.
- Click Connect.
- Save your files to NetStorage which is listed as Drive N: and accessed from the Green/Black desktop NS icon. All files stored on Virtual Labs C: drive or Desktop will be deleted at logout.
- To make sure your files are saved properly, always save to cloud storage (OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc) or NetStorage AND completely QUIT any open applications. Otherwise you increase the chance of file damage or corruption.
- When you are finished with Virtual Labs, double-click the Logout icon located on the desktop.